Friday, January 22, 2010

The Polar Bears made me do it.......



In 2006 I was watching Oprah, well it was an eye opener like it often is. The show was about how our Earth is affected by how we live our life. Polar bears swim in cold waters and climb up on ice shelves to rest. The heart wrenching moment for me was when they showed a polar bear was not able to climb up on a ice shelf because it was too thin. Therefore, polar bears are drowning and will become extinct sooner. I could not believe what I was hearing. I was in tears. Polar bears have always been my favorite animal at the zoo. I wanted to change how I lived so I could do my part to save the Earth life. It is my desire to help make Earth vibrant for today and tomorrow. Oprah had a series of shows explaining steps you could take to live a greener life. I started to do my part to save the Earth and felt proud I was part of something bigger than me. With encouragement from my family and friends, I have decided to take this blogging adventure and share what green, life changes I have made.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't wait to read more post! You are my green go to girl!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica. Cindy has been telling me all about you and how great you eat. I am so glad you're blogging so I can get some more info on helping my family eat healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy! Thanks for giving me that final gentle push I needed to start my blog. I appreciate your Fab cheering:)

    Hi Shannon,
    I'm happy to share the info. I look forward to reading what you think!

    ReplyDelete