Monday, March 7, 2011

I came up with a side dish!

The most difficult thing for me to come up with are side dishes. I can't eat a steamed veggie every night. I've tried to follow recipes for Broccoli Cheese Casserole but they just don't taste right. I think some of my wise kitchen experience came in handy when I made up my version of a Broccoli Cheese Casserole. With a bam of this and a shazam of that, out came... Delicious side dish! I AM THE HERO of the dinner table! Boss approved! Wooo to the hooo! The Monkey stuck to rice/veggie mixture. He doesn't do velveeta... smart boy.

Broccoli Cheese Casserole
2 cups cooked brown rice
16 oz steamed, cut broccoli
3 large julienned carrots
1 10 3/4oz cream of mushroom soup
half a can of water
8 oz 2% velveeta, diced
Pepper to taste

Combine rice, broccoli and carrots in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine soup and water. Pour soup into rice/veggie mixture. Add the cheese and pour into a 11x14 casserole dish.
400 degrees 25 minutes

Oops! No pic... I need a camera for just the kitchen. Adding it to my wishlist right after the rice maker.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds yummy, we will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! I followed you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so yummy! Of course, everything tastes better with Velveeta! I'll have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete