Monday, February 1, 2010

Lights off


I felt overwelmed by all the Green changes I could do. I didn't know where to start. I didn't have any family nor friends who had done it so I didnt have a "go to" person in my life. First I decided to start by doing the no cost changes I could make. I thought the smartest thing was to take it slow so I wouldn't be frustrated and think it was too difficult to adjust to. I fondly remember my first change: Turn off the lights when you leave a room. I remember as a child my mom always reminding us to turn off the lights to save money. Now turning off the lights has a whole new meaning. I would catch myself with all the lights on. Sure even today I sometimes have to backstep to turn off the lights especially with my monkey. Be right back, I have to go turn off the living room light :) Sometimes during the day I will open the blinds in the kitchen and living area to let the sunlight in. I feel like the neighbors can see me in my well worn pjs so this is a occasional occurence.

2 comments:

  1. I need help with turning out the lights! When I am alone I turn on every light in the house so people will know I'm home. I need a lesson on turning out lights but I like the no cost idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first thing we do when we wake up each morning-Emma loves to help open the blinds.

    ReplyDelete