Monday, February 8, 2010

Reading Food Labels

During my first few times to the grocery store I was slow to read the food labels. You will notice ingredients are listed in small font jammed together or the natural ingredients will be in bold but the fake stuff will be smaller. Take your time reading the label. You will get faster, I promise! You will notice some foods on the front say No Trans Fats or 0% Trans Fats, BEWARE some of these foods still have Trans Fats. On some of these labels you will read the following "Less than 2% per serving" which means each serving has less than 2% of Trans Fat. This is still unhealthy for us so stay away from these item also.





What terms are you looking for?


Trans Fat AKA

Partially hydrogenated soybean oil sometime you will see palm oil instead of soybean oil, this is also junk.

monoglycerides and diglycerides

High Fructose Corn Syrup

5 comments:

  1. This is my next assignment; I've been talking to you about this in the past few days; I went to buy a few groceries this past weekend and it does take time to read labels. It will be a challenge but well worth it. I like how you spell out the information and provide links. This will be very helpful for me to learn what you've been trying to teach me :) BUT IM READY NOW so that makes a difference. THANKS SIS for all of the info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I found your blog! What some facinating things you have posted that I didn't know!! Keep blogging looking foward to your next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! I love that you are blogging about it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are making a difference, way to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO glad you are giving us these helpful hints. Thanks for the info as to what to look for!

    ReplyDelete